Helpful Links

Ask a Doctor

Forms (For Printing)

What is an Endocrinologist?

  • You have been referred to an Endocrinologist, a type of doctor that specializes in glands and the hormones they make.  

This doctor has received not only a Medical Doctor degree but also special training (Residency) in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, as well as more training (Fellowship) in Adult and Pediatric Endocrinology.

I've been told I need a thyroid biopsy; does it hurt?

  • Sometimes a lump (nodule) in the thyroid raises concern for cancer. 

In that instance, we place a small needle (smaller than the needle they use to draw blood from your arm) into the thyroid under ultrasound guidance.  There is some discomfort, but most patients tolerate it very well.

Creedmoor Centre Endocrinology |  8340 Bandford Way Suite 001, Raleigh, NC 27615 | office: 919.845.3332 | fax 919.845.3395 | Mon-Fri: 8a- 4:30p

For our Patients and Ask a Doctor

Diabetic Patients

Call Us:  (919) 845-3332